Saturday, June 29, 2013

kazlovesbats - "What's a Good Way to Handle Getting Insults?"

I kind of have mixed feelings about this video. On the one hand, I think kazlovesbats genuinely wants to be nice, and she has reasonable advice, particularly about using compliments to one's advantage. That being said, she also has natural features that are considered to be attractive by mainstream standards, and I think that might be a part of why her positive feedback is so lopsided in comparison to her negative feedback. I'd be interested in seeing if someone with less natural privilege would claim to have similar experiences, such as someone who is a person of color or has a body shape or facial features considered to be "bad" by mainstream standards. I think kazlovesbats has her heart in the right place here, but I do think this is one of those "your mileage may vary" kind of things.


No comments:

Post a Comment