Sunday, January 6, 2013

Apoptygma Berzerk - "Until the End of the World"

Here is an example of a fantastic song that is paired with a confusing video.


Can someone explain this Apoptygma Berzerk video to me? From what I can tell, it looks like there are two women who are adversaries in some way, and one is chasing the other through the city streets. Near the end of the video, the one who was doing the chasing suddenly becomes the person being chased. The song has absolutely nothing to do with some form of adversarial relationship. Instead, the song is about regret in regard to having a relationship end, either through some sort of catastrophic loss or because the relationship just didin't work out.

I have heard this song many times over the years, but I just watched the video for the first time last night. This really does vex me, like Apop tends to bewilder me with other videos, such as the one for "Suffer in Silence", for example. They're also capable of making fantastic videos though, such as the one for "Unicorn". I'm not sure what to say, because they're exceptionally talented as musicians, but many of their videos often have a tendency to make very little sense. Does anyone agree with my sentiment?

Also, my readers, don't get worried about this suddenly becoming a site solely devoted to music videos with my recent streak of music video posts. I have some other, more interesting content coming soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment