Saturday, January 5, 2013

Funker Vogt - "Hard Way"

I admit that I have a bit of catching up to do in regard to Funker Vogt. I last listened to them with any regularity back in 2003, so I started looking around for the things they did recently to see if they had changed any.


Overtly inspirational Funker Vogt? This is a change. I'm certainly not going to look a gift horse in the mouth on this one, but this is definitely different from their older stuff, like "Killing Fields" and "A New Beginning", which was a lot darker and smacked you in the face about war atrocities. This video is basically a Rocky-like montage of a boxer's fall from grace and his subsequent atonement, and Funker Vogt sings about how making up for lost ground can be painful, but necessary to live.

This is most intriguing to me, and I'll definitely look into the single, Hard Way. Not that the old stuff was bad, but this is a change that has me very interested.

No comments:

Post a Comment