Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Ayria - "My Device"

So, I decided today was going to be "Ayria Day" for no good reason. As such, you all are going to be treated to her "My Device" video from Flicker.


This is so very cyber. I'm not sure how I feel about the video, itself, because it's very cheesy, but it also brings me tons of nostalgia about old school perspectives on hacker subculture. It's an enjoyable video to watch, because it feels like a kickback to the days of science fiction-like GUIs and dark, underground The Matrix-like hacker fashion. As someone who gets a huge kick out of that kind of stuff, I find the video to be incredibly fun to watch, even though I'm fully aware that not everyone will agree.

As for the song, it's about her learning to break away from and live without someone who has treated her badly. Like most of her songs, there isn't tons of context to sift through, and you can pick out the meaning fairly quickly.

Anyway, watch the video.

No comments:

Post a Comment