Thursday, December 27, 2012

Does anyone remember Kompressor?

Every time I hear "K Is for Kompressor", it brings a fuzzy feeling of nostalgia of when I used to go to be more into the club scene. It also reminded me that there were people out there who did not take the scene too seriously and could poke fun of it (and themselves, too).


For those of you who aren't as familiar with this brilliant musician, this was a parody industrial act from the early-2000s of Drew Fairweather, one of the artists of the webcomic, Married to the Sea. He'd always cover his face with an alien mask and start singing these really over-the-top, flat-out strange industrial parody songs. "K Is for Kompressor" is probably his most famous work.

I wish I knew of more industrial parody acts, but I don't know of any. If anyone knows of any that fit the bill, I'd definitely like someone to share. I think that's the kind of thing that can really add levity to a scene that sometimes takes itself too seriously.

No comments:

Post a Comment