Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Solitary Experiments - "Point of View"

I've started getting into Solitary Experiments a lot in the past few days. A good bit of their stuff sounds a lot like old to mid-era Covenant with the very dance-worthy new type EBM and harsh end of futurepop sound along with forceful, slightly echoing tenor vocals. There are some songs which feel like they may have a bit of darkwave influence in them, although I'm not sure that was the intention, and they seem to shake my decision processes a bit as a result. The songs that really feel like hard futurepop are definitely my favorites, and the one, lonely song that they promote ReverbNation luckily fits that bill.



I wish the band would put out some music videos or other significant means of reliably exposing people to their music. I think they could really help them to become bigger in the United States, especially, if they did more of that flavor of promotion. Although people can listen to the band's songs uploaded by random people, I don't believe that gives a band like this a ton of respect or exposure. Promotion has a lot to do with the success of musicians, and this is a prime example of a band with a lot of talent but not so much in the way marketing help, in my opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment