Monday, December 24, 2012

New Alfa Matrix compilation: "Absolute Grrrls Manifesto"

It appears that Alfa Matrix is putting out a compilation next year that features all female vocals. I, for one, am very interested to see how this turns out.

(Property of Alfa Matrix, used under Fair Use for direct, substantial commentary on product)

According to the official Alfa Matrix Facebook page, this is going to be a 4-CD box set with an extended booklet and 40 bonus songs on a dropcard. Alfa Matrix is chock full of talented singing women; Brittany Bindrim, Jennifer Parkin, Erica Dunham, and Emélie Nicolaï are good examples that I just thought of off the top of my head. I'm sure I could come up with more if I thought about it some more, but I think you get my point. I have a good feeling this compilation will be off the chain if it has musicians all of comparable caliber to the ones I mentioned.

What I really like about this is that Alfa Matrix is implying this is just the first volume. I really hope they're serious about making this a big series, like Sounds of the Matrix or Endzeit Bunkertracks. I tend to believe women musicians within the scene do not always get the respect they deserve, and I think albums like these, if done in a serious, non-pandering manner, can really show progress for the scene. If you want my opinion, I think the feedback for this compilation might end up having some interesting implications on a greater level. We shall see.

No comments:

Post a Comment