Saturday, December 29, 2012

Industrial Anti-Oppression blog

If social causes matter to you, and you're part of the goth-industrial scene, I recommend that you read the Industrial Anti-Oppression blog (for which I just realized that we share the same base generic layout template, haha!). These people stand for tearing down misogyny, racism, and homophobia within the scene.

(Public Domain License)

These people aren't quite as active in posting as they used to be, but I definitely think what they have to say is very much worth reading. They care about wanting the industrial scene to be more inclusive of people who are traditionally marginalized, and I feel that's a necessary goal for any subculture. We have to be willing to be frank about the social issues that face the scene, and we need more people like those who make the Industrial Anti-Oppression blog to give voice to those discussions. I wholeheartedly agree that the scene does have its problems, and we can't let bigoted views even be considered as worthwhile opinions.

I tip my hat off to these people, and I hope they come back and post with more frequency, once again. If you want a good place to start, check out their post about their reasons for starting the blog in the first place.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing our blog and for the kudos. We are humbled.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The pleasure is mine. You all have done what I consider to be a necessary service to the scene, and we need more people like you all.

      Delete